- The offender opened a window from the outside with the intention to steal values such as money, mobile phones, credit cards, or jewelry, approximately at 21:45/21:50 (there were two burglaries, one week and 17 days before the abduction of Madeleine, respectively, in the same block of apartments, and with the same modus operandi).
- Jane Tanner saw the abductor carrying Madeleine in arms, close to 5A apartment, approximately at 21:50/21:55.
- The Smith family saw the abductor carrying Madeleine in arms, some 500 meters from 5A apartment, at approximately 22:00/22:05.
- The offender walked between 6 and 10 minutes with Madeleine in arms through the streets. He had no car.
- The abductor lived and/or worked in the area of Praia da Luz. He knew quite well the zone.
- He commited his crime alone, or at most had only an accomplice, being of total confidence.
Meanwhile Scotland Yard Operation Grange officially said in April 2017 that "[i]n 2013 the team identified four individuals [including José Carlos and Ricardo] they declared to be suspects in the case. This led to interviews at a police station in Faro facilitated by the local Policia Judiciária, and the search of a large area of wasteland which is close to Madeleine's apartment in Praia Da Luz. The enquiries did not find any evidence to further implicate the individuals in the disappearance and so they are no longer subject of further investigation" (Mark Rowley).
Portuguese Polícia Judiciária officially said in May 2017: "We never saw or looked at those people [including José Carlos and Ricardo] as suspects of the crime" (Pedro do Carmo).
Why two police forces have such a different view on the same subject? Why the Portuguese police never considered them suspects? Why the British police keep them as suspects for more than three years, investing a lot of money in their investigation? How did they discard all the followed clues? How can it be explained? Can the Portuguese and British police ever explain it? They should explain it.
As you may know, I have found, in June 2013, reading the first volumes of the Polícia Judiciária Files, that a man is referenced, Jose Carlos, an Ocean Club driver in 2007, who: (a) was living near the 5A apartment the day Madeleine was abducted, (b) was also living near the location where the Smith family saw the suspect, (c) had a previous record for theft, (d) was an Ocean Club employee, (e) was not working between 09:00 pm and 11:00 pm on May 3rd. 2007 (then it was said he did not go to work that day), (f) might know well the Ocean Club apartments, (g) was in the zone at 11:00 pm on May 3rd. 2007, and (h) was in the zone at the time Madeleine was abducted (confirmed by his mobile phone records). The records include phone communications via voice or by SMS with his friend Ricardo at 17:26, 21:25, 21:38 and 21:51 (the last confirmed by PJ files). The block 5 (where the 5A apartment is) had a theft on 5L on April 17th. 2007, and an intent of theft on G5 (5G) on approximately April 26th. 2007. That is, 17 and 7 days before the abduction of Madeleine.